1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated three new high-throughput ICMR COVID-19 testing labs in Noida, Mumbai and Kolkata on July 27, 2020. During his virtual address, the Prime Minister highlighted that the labs will not remain restricted to testing COVID samples.
2. The International Cricket Council officially launched the inaugural ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League on July 27, 2020. The Super League will get underway on July 30, 2020 in Southampton with a series between world champions England and Ireland.
3. Rajasthan Governor Kalraj Mishra has ordered the state government to call for an assembly session. He clarified in a statement released by the Raj Bhawan that not convening the assembly was never the intention.
4. Five Rafale Fighter jets took off from France today, on July 27, 2020 to join the Indian Air Force fleet in Ambala on July 29th. They were flagged off by the Indian Ambassador to France from an airbase in Merignac in France.
5. The Ministry of Earth Sciences launched the mobile App “Mausam” on July 27, 2020 for the India Meteorological Department on its Foundation Day celebrations. The users will be able to access weather forecasts, radar images and be warned of the impending weather events.
6. The Indian Government banned 47 more Chinese apps on July 24, 2020 in addition to the earlier banned 59 apps. As per media reports, the 47 apps were acting as clones of the earlier banned 59 Chinese apps.
7. A 300-year-old Kali temple has been reconstructed at Natore in Bangladesh with the support of India. The MoU for the reconstruction of the temple was signed in 2016.The Sree Sree Joykali Matar temple is among the oldest temples in Bangladesh. It was built approximately 300 years back in the early 18th century.
8. India has extended USD 1 million worth of medical assistance to the Democratic People’s Republic of North Korea (DPRK). The medical assistance to North Korea has been given in response to a request received from the World Health Organisation.