1. Narendra Modi will be sworn in as India’s 16th Prime Minister on May 30, 2019, for his second term. President Ram Nath Kovind appointed BJP leader Narendra Modi as Prime Minister and invited him to form a new government at the Centre, exercising powers under Article 75 (1) of the Indian Constitution.
2. The Orchha town of Madhya Pradesh has been included in the tentative list of the World Heritage Sites of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO). It is famous for its four palaces – Jahangir Palace, Rai Praveen Mahal, Raja Mahal, and Sheesh Mahal.
3. Prem Singh Golay, the President of the Sikkim Karantikari Morcha (SKM), took oath as the Chief Minister of Sikkim. Golay was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Ganga Prasad.
4. US President has become the first foreign head of state to meet Japan’s new Emperor Naruhito, following abdication by his father, Emperor Akihito.
5. India on May 27, 2019, paid homage to its first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru on his 55th death anniversary.
6. The ICC World Cup final will be held on July 14, 2019. The two teams, which qualify semi-final 1 and 2, scheduled to be held on July 9 and 11 respectively, would face-off in the finals.
7. New Zealand has never won the World Cup. The team, known as the Black Caps entered its maiden finals at the 2015 Cricket World Cup.
8. Pema Khandu will be sworn-in as the new Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh for the second time on May 29, 2019. The move follows landslide victory of the BJP in the state’s assembly elections with 41 seats in the 60-member house.
9. Defense Research and Defence Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight tested a 500 kg class Inertial Guided Bomb (IGB) from Sukhoi combat jet from the Pokhran test range in Rajasthan. The guided bomb achieved the desired range and had hit the target with high precision successfully.
10. Russian AN-32 aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) was certified by CEMILAC to fly on a blended bio-jet fuel. The fuel consists of 10 percent tree-derived and 90 percent conventional aviation fuel.
27th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
27th May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download