1. The term of the 15th Finance Commission has been extended till October 30, 2020. The Finance Commission will be submitting its interim report by November 30, 2019.
2. Uddhav Thackeray is scheduled to take oath as the new Chief Minister of Maharashtra on November 28, 2019 at Shivaji Park in Dadar, Mumbai. Thackeray will become the first member of the Thackeray family to hold the top post in the Maharashtra government.
3. The Union Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved to increase the authorized capital of Food Corporation of India (FCI) from the current Rs 3,500 crore to Rs 10,000 crore.
4. The Lok Sabha has passed the Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes Bill, which bans usage, production, storage, import, export, trade and advertisements of electronic smoking devices.
5. China recently detected some cases of Bubonic plague, a bacterial infection. The plague is spread through infected flea bites. It is caused by Yersinia pestis bacterium. It can be treated if recognized the symptoms of the plague at an early stage.
6. The Supreme Court of Pakistan has suspended the notification of extension of tenure of General Qamar Javed Bajwa. The Pakistan Supreme Court has also issued a notice to all the parties of this case including General Bajwa. General Bajwa is retiring on 29 November.
7. Sudhir Dhar was a famous cartoonist. He was 87. Sudhir Dhar started his 58-year-long career with ‘The Statesman’. He worked for many newspapers. These include Indian newspapers as well as foreign newspapers like the New York Times, Washington Post and Saturday Review.
8. ISRO successfully launched Cartosat-3 and 13 US satellites through launch vehicle PSLV-C47 on November 27, 2019. It is the most powerful civilian satellite launched by ISRO. Cartosat-3 has installed at an altitude of 509 km from the earth.