1. India has risen by four places to be ranked 44th in the IMD World Digital Competitiveness Ranking 2019 (WDCR). In 2018, India was ranked at the 48th position and its position this year has improved overall in all factors including future readiness in exploring more digital technologies, knowledge and technology.
2. The United States topped the IMD World Digital Competitiveness Ranking 2019 followed by Singapore at the 2nd rank, Sweden at 3rd, Denmark at 4th rank and Switzerland at 5th rank.
3. Three nations including Taiwan, Palestine and the Vatican City are not a part of the UN General Assembly as their country status is not recognized globally due to political and religious reasons.
4. The current President of UN General Assembly is Tijjani Muhammad-Bande of Nigeria. Tijjani Muhammad-Bande succeeds María Fernanda Espinosa of Ecuador, whose term ends in September 2019.
5. The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) observed its 15th Formation Day on September 27, 2019 on the theme ‘Fire Safety’. Union Minister of State, G. Kishan Reddy presided over the event that took place in New Delhi.
6. The World Tourism Day is observed on 27th September every year with an aim to spread awareness about the tourism and the role it plays to promote socio-economic, cultural, and political values. The Theme of 2019 World Tourism Day was “Tourism and jobs: A better future for all”.
7. Delhi High Court recently launched a mobile app to provide digital access to lawyers and litigants. The app provides details about case status, cause list, display board and other important documents of the high court.
8. The government of Saudi Arabia has decided to offer tourist visas for the first time. Tourism Visa is one of the main aims of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s Vision 2030 reform programme. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman wants to prepare the biggest Arab economy post-oil era.
9. The book ‘Reset: Regaining India’s Economic Legacy’ written by Subramanian Swamy was released by former President Pranab Mukherjee. In this book, detailed information has been given about the economic development of India happened in the last few years.
10. Google has created a Doodle to celebrate its 21st anniversary. Google is biggest search engine in the world. Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin in 1998.