- Romanian football manager, DoruIsac has been appointed as the new technical director for the Indian football team. He succeeds Savio Madeira, who has been the interim technical director since 2017. All India Football Federation (AIFF) interviewed Isac, Jorge Castelo, and GaiozDarsadze on 22 April 2019 for the post, but Isac,56-year-old emerged as the number one choice because of his youth-oriented approach.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s Hubble Space Telescope ejected measurements validate that the Universe is expanding about 9% faster than expected based on its trajectory seen shortly after the big bang. It was published in Astrophysical Journal Letters on April 25.The researchers using Hubble as a “point-and-shoot” camera to look at groups of Cepheids using a new method called DASH (Drift And Shift), while Hubble can observe one star for every 90-minute orbit around Earth. Adam Riess, Bloomberg Distinguished Professor of Physics and Astronomy at The Johns Hopkins University, Nobel Laureate, and the project’s leader, is the first author of the research.
- Alberta University paleontologists have discovered 95 million-year-old coin-sized ‘cartoon-eyed’ crab species called Callichimaeraperplexa; the name is an allusion to a Greek mythological creature & means “perplexing beautiful chimera”. It was published in the journal, Science Advances. i. Dr. Javier Luque, a postdoctoral paleontologist at Yale University & the University of Alberta made the discovery in 2005 in the mountains of Pesca, Boyaca in Columbia while hunting for fossils as an undergraduate geology student. ii. It is believed that the crab is from mid-cretaceous period & it must have hailed from what is now Colombia, Northern Africa & Wyoming.
- The Asian Boxing Championship 2019 was held in Huamark Indoor Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand. This was the first time women and men boxing championship held together. This event was organized by the International Boxing Association or AIBA.
- A 23- year old Amit Panghal from Haryana, defeated Korea’s Kim Inkyu in the 52-kg category. This was the first gold medal at Asian Boxing Championship 2019. Amit played aggressively and won the gold medal after defeating Inkyu by 5-0. This was Amit’s second medal in Asian Boxing Championship, last time he won a bronze medal in 2017.
- A 28-year old Pooja Rani defeated world champion Wang Lina from China in the 81-kg category. This was the second gold medal at Asian Boxing Championship 2019. Pooja won a first gold medal after moving from 75-kg to 81-kg category. She defeated Chinese Wang Lina by 4-1 in an enthralling contest. This was the third medal in Asian Boxing Championship after a silver in 2012 and bronze in 2015. This was also India’s first ever gold medal in the 81-kg category from this elite Asian Boxing Championship tournament.
- The Asian Boxing Championship 2019 was held in Huamark Indoor Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand. This was the first time women and men boxing championship held together. This event was organized by the International Boxing Association or AIBA. A total of 304 athletes including 112 women and 192 men participated in the event. There are 34 countries participated in the tournament. India finished with 13 medals that include 2 gold medals, 4 silver medals, and 7 bronze medals.
- Papua New Guinea, a south-western pacific country got their One Day International (ODI) status and a place in International Cricket Council (ICC) Cricket World Cup League 2 after beating Oman by 145-run. Now, Papua New Guinea joins Namibia, Oman, Scotland, the US, Nepal, and UAE in the ICC Cricket World Cup League 2. In the next two-and-a-half-year all six teams will play 36 ODIs each in the run-up to the Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023.
- On 26th April 2019, Former Australia all-rounder has announced his retirement from Big Bash League to spend more time with his family during the summer. He captained Sydney Thunder in the Big Bash League. But he will continue playing for Sutherland DCC in NSW Premier Cricket. He has played 190 one-day internationals, 59 Tests 58 Twenty20 Internationals for his country. His last international match was in the quarter-final of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2016 against India. The Big Bash League is an Australian professional Twenty20 cricket league, which was established in 2011 by Cricket Australia.
- The 31-year-old, Australia’s Claire Polosak became the first woman umpire to stand in a men’s ODI in the final match of ICC World Cricket League 2 on April 27. Previously, she stood in 15 women’s ODI matches, the first one played between Australia and South Africa in November 2016. She also stood some of the important international matches including semi-final of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2018 played between England and India. She was also the first woman to stand ever in a men’s domestic fixture in Australia in her first List A match in Australia in 2017. In December 2018, Claire Polosak and her counterpart Eloise Sheridan became the first on-field female umpires during a professional match between Adelaide Strikers and Melbourne Stars in World Big Bash League in Australia.
28th April 2019 Current Affairs Quiz; Click Here
28th April 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|