1. India has invited the leaders of the BIMSTEC Member Countries to attend the swearing-in ceremony of Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 30, 2019. Sooronbay Jeenbekov, the President of Kyrgyzstan who is the current Chair of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) and Mauritius Prime Minister Pravind Jugnauth has also been invited.
2. Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test fired AKASH-MK-1S missile from ITR, Chandipur, Odhisa. Akash MK 1S is an upgraded version of existing Akash missile with indigenous technology. Akash MK-1S is a surface to air missile.
3. The ICC World Cup 2019 will open on May 30, with host England locking horns with South Africa. India will commence its campaign on June 5 against South Africa.
4. Lokpal, the anti-corruption ombudsman of India, launched the competition for its logo and motto recently. The language for the motto could be Hindi, Sanskrit or English.
5. Games may help the human brain in ways only the gamers want to believe. However,
The World Health Organisation officially labeled excessive gaming as a disorder after the member states agreed to adopt the 11th revision of the ‘International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems’ (ICD-11).
6. India looks to bounce back after its previous loss against New Zealand with a win in its second warm-up match against Bangladesh on May 28, 2019, at the Sophia Gardens in Cardiff.
7. India was elected to the Executive Board of the first UN-Habitat Assembly at the Plenary Session of the Assembly, which began in Nairobi, Kenya on May 27, 2019.
8. The Menstrual Hygiene Day 2019 was observed on May 28, 2019, with the theme ‘It’s Time for Action!’ The day aims to ensure no girl is left behind when it comes to menstrual hygiene and menstrual education.
9. Veer Savarkar Jayanti was commemorated across India on May 28, 2019. Born on May 28, 1883, Vinayak Savarkar was an Indian independence activist, politician, lawyer, writer, and the formulator of the Hindutva philosophy.
10. The Union Government has constituted the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Tribunal to adjudicate whether or not there is sufficient cause for declaring the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) as an unlawful association.
28th May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
28th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|