- In a first, Twitter on May 26, 2020 labeled tweets from US President Donald Trump as misleading by highlighting two of his tweets that falsely claimed mail-in ballots would lead to widespread voter fraud. The social media giant labeled both the tweets with a message that read- “Get the facts about mail-in-ballots”. The message was linked to a fact-checking platform.
- Karnataka has banned the entry of people coming from five states- Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh to contain the spread of COVID-19 virus. The decision was taken by the state cabinet on May 28, 2020. The state government said that no train or flight from any of these states will be allowed to enter or land in the state.
- The Asian Development Bank on May 27, 2020 approved a USD 177 million loans for road projects in Maharashtra. Under the project, around 450 km of road including 11 state highways and two major district roads will be upgraded across 7 districts in Maharashtra.
- Karnataka government on May 27, 2020 announced that it will be launching a new project to maintain a ‘State Health Register’ comprising the database of all its citizens. The health register, first-of-its-kind, will be a robust and standardized health repository of all the citizens of the state.
- The US House of Representatives passed the Uighur Human Rights Act by a vote of 413-1 on May 27, 2020. The legislation calls for sanctions on Chinese officials held responsible for the oppression of Uighur Muslims. The Senate had approved the bill earlier. Hence, now it has been sent to the White House for President Donald Trump’s assent.
- India has disagreed with the World Health Organisation’s decision to temporarily suspend clinical trials of Hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of COVID-19 patients. India sent a letter to WHO stating that all reports about the safety and efficacy of HCQ has not been considered before giving the decision to put HCQ clinical trial on hold.
- J.K Rowling has released the first five chapters of her new book ‘The Ickabog’ online for free. The author famous for the Harry Potter book series announced the news on her website. J.K Rowling has also planned to release the book as a print book, audio book, and e-book formats in November 2020. The famous author will donate the royalties to the groups who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The World Hunger Day was observed across the world on May 28, 2020. The day is observed as an initiative of the Hunger Project. It is observed since 2011 to not only spread awareness about the malaise of chronic hunger but also to solve hunger and poverty through sustainable undertakings.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|