- Cambridge Dictionary has named ‘quarantine’ as the Word of the Year 2020, the year that saw people around the world being forced to remain isolated indoors in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.
- At a time when climate change and infrastructural projects are wreaking havoc on forests, an exhaustive study commissioned by the Karnataka Biodiversity Board and National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) has revealed that 23 rare medicinal plants in various forests of the state are on the verge of extinction and listed as ‘endangered’ on the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) list.
- Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant launched a WhatsApp Helpline 7875756177 for women in distress in the state at Police Headquarters, Panaji.
- Renowned Author and Politician, Shashi Tharoor has released his new book titled “The Battle of Belonging”. The book is published by Aleph Book Company.
- The Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry launched a National portal for transgender persons to apply for certificates and identity cards. The portal transgender.dosje.gov.in would enable the applicant to track their application and register their grievances in case of delays.
- The National Milk Day is celebrated every year on November 26 in India to honour Dr. Varghese Kurien, who is considered to be the father of India’s White Revolution.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-INVEST 2020) to woo investors for investing in clean energy in India. India has set an ambitious target of having 175GW of renewable energy by 2022 and 450GW by 2030.
The summit is organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. The theme for RE-Invest 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a book on the life and ideals of Guru Nanak Dev, the founder of Sikhism and first of its 10 gurus. The book has been penned by Kirpal Singh, who is based in Chandigarh.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|