1. Delhi government has decided to start’Plasma Bank’ in the national capital for the treatment of COVID-19 patients. The Plasma Bank is expected to begin its operation in the next two days. It will be set-up at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences in Delhi.
2. Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray on June 29, 2020 launched ‘Project Platina’ – world’s largest convalescent plasma therapy trial to treat severe COVID-19 patients. The entire plasma therapy treatment will be free of cost for all patients of Maharashtra. All critical patients will receive two doses of 200 ml of convalescent plasma.
3. President Kovind has given Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel additional charge of Madhya Pradesh. She is taking over the post temporarily in the absence of MP Governor Lal Ji Tandon. The 85-year-old Lal Ji Tandon was admitted to Medanta Hospital on June 11 with breathing problems and fever.
4. Maharashtra government has extended the lockdown till July 31, 2020 to contain further spread of COVID-19. The announcement was made today in the afternoon.
5. Uttar Pradesh government has decided to set up a special security force to ensure industrial security. The dedicated force will ensure security of banks, airports, metro rail, courts, industrial establishments and other organizations in the state.
6. US President Donald Trump signed an executive order on June 26, 2020 aimed at protecting the nation’s monuments and statues from vandalism.
7. Union Minister Hardeep Puri announced on June 29, 2020 that the budget for Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC) has been increased by four times. He stated that the LAHDC Act has also been amended to prioritise the preservation of language and culture in Ladakh.
8. A group of armed men attacked the Pakistan Stock Exchange building in Karachi early morning on June 29, 2020. Three people have been killed including two security guards and a policeman and all four gunmen were also killed.