1. The Union Tourism Ministry has launched ‘Stranded in India’ portal to provide all necessary information and support to the foreign tourists stranded in various parts of India.
2. The Banaras Hindu University’s Department of Molecular & Human Genetics has claimed to have discovered a technology to test COVID-19 virus and give accurate results within 5-6 hours.
3. Spain has banned the holding of funeral ceremonies till April 11 to contain the spread of coronavirus. The ban includes vigils at home and states that no more than three people can attend the burial ceremonies.
4. The government has extended the validity of vehicle documents such as driving license, permits and registration till June 30, 2020 amid the lockdown imposed by Union Government to contain the spread of coronavirus.
5. Union Commerce and Industry minister Piyush Goyal has represented India at the Extraordinary G20 Trade and Investment Ministerial virtual meeting, which was held on March 31, 2020. The Union Minister called for enhancing access to affordable medicines and facilitating easy movement of medical products and healthcare professionals across borders.
6. As per the latest report released by United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), the world economy will go into recession with the likely exception of India and China.
7. China has recommended the use of Bear Bile as a cure for COVID-19 virus. The Chinese government has listed a set of medicines that can potentially be used to treat coronavirus, which includes both traditional and western medicines.
8. The government has appointed BP Kanungo as Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a period of one year with effect from April 3, 2020.