Seva Sindhu is a digital initiative that has been undertaken by the government of Karnataka. There are many aspects to this portal and we are going to discuss them in detail here. If you want to know more about this initiative, read our post completely and get clarity. The initiative is set to transform the way the government processes work. It has been developed as a way to bridge the gap between the government of Karnataka and its residents. Without any further ado, let us look into the digital portal and discuss in detail.
What is Seva Sindhu Portal?
Many of you might be wondering about the Seva Sindhu digital portal. The digital portal aims to function as a platform to bring all the services of Karnataka government in one place. The initiative has resulted in the integration of various services in the platform, thereby benefitting the residents. This portal serves the residents of Karnataka and brings a lot of transparency to the system. There are about 104 departments which offer their service in this portal. As many as 531 services are offered by the government to its residents.
What are the benefits of having this Seva Sindhu plus?
Digitization is becoming the recent trend and many services which were available manually before have been digitized. Karnataka government has also started digitizing Seva Sindhu service plus in the aim of better and efficient service to people. Going digital has many benefits including transparency. Corruption is completely eliminated when services offered by the government and the process are made digital. Everyone can see what is happening in the platform and corruption cannot happen.
Access the portal at anytime and anywhere!
Accessing the portal is also very easy since it is completely an online service. Unlike government offices that open and close at a fixed time, online services are available the whole day. This means the residents of Karnataka can access it at any time they want. There is no need to spend money and time to commute to the office. You can just visit the portal and get the service you require by applying for it. Also, whenever you want, you can just log in and check the status of your application.
What are some of the departments which offer service through Seva Sindhu?
There are approximately 104 departments that offer their valuable service in this digital portal. To name a few, revenue department, transport department and department of labor provide service to people through this portal. Take a look at the list to know some more departments whose services are integrated in the Seva Sindhu Portal.
- Commercial tax department
- Department of Ayush
- Food and civil supplies department
- Youth empowerment and sports department
- Department of women and welfare
- Bangalore development authority
- Department of planning
- Directorate of social security and pension
- Karnataka State department of agriculture
- Rural development and Panchayat raj department
What are some of the services available at Seva Sindhu?
A plethora of services is available at Seva Sindhu digital portal. One can apply for ration card, birth certificate, death certificate and caste certificate through this portal. Also, if you need income certificate, then this digital portal offers that service too. Apart from this, application for covid relief funds for employees of every field is available in this portal. Auto drivers, film industry workers and even handloom weavers can avail the benefits of covid relief fund by filling the application and submitting it through the portal. E-pass can also be applied through this seva sindhu portal.
Steps to Register Yourself in then Seva Sindhu Portal
If you want to get the benefits of this portal, you have to register yourself in this portal. Follow the simple steps to get yourself registered in this great digital portal.
- Open your browser and visit https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/sevasindhu/english.
- Homepage of the website will be displayed to you.
- In the homepage, there will be an option called “New users Register here”.
- Click on that option to get registered in seva sindhu portal.
- A new page will be displayed to you and you will be required to type in your Aadhar number.
- After you type in the aadhar card number, you will get a login ID for seva sindhu portal.
Steps to Seva Sindhu Login Portal
When you want to avail the service of any of the department of government in the seva sindhu, you can login. Follow the easy steps to login into seva sindhu portal.
- The first step is to visit the official website that we have mentioned above.
- The home page will be displayed to you and in it you will find “registered user login here”.
- Now click that and you will be taken to another page in the seva sindhu portal.
- There will be a blank space for entering your Email ID/ phone number and it can be seen under “apply for services”.
- You will be asked to type in the password/OTP in the space specified.
- After that you must enter the captcha image in its specified space.
- Only after finishing all these steps, you can hit the submit button and login easily in seva sindhu portal.
Is it mandatory for Residents of Karnataka to register with Seva Sindhu?
No. It is not mandatory, that is it is not compulsory to register with seva sindhu if you are a Karnataka resident. It is totally your choice to avail the benefits of this wonderful portal by registering yourself.
How to register for Driver 5000 in Seva Sindhu Portal?
Karnataka government has announced relief funds to drivers of taxi and auto rickshaw. To avail these benefits, you have to register for it through few simple steps. It is very simple and takes up only few minutes.
- As the first step, visit the official website of the Karnataka government’s Seva Sindhu portal.
- In the homepage, find “disbursement of cash relief to auto-rickshaw drivers and taxi drivers for covid-19” and press the option.
- This will take you to another page where you will be asked to enter the details like Aadhar card number, mobile number, etc.
- Also, type in your name, your address and the details of driving license, vehicle etc.
- Now there is a declaration box which you will have to read carefully and tick. Also, you will have to type in the security code at the space specified.
- Finally, press the submit button below the declaration box to submit for covid-19 relief.
Steps to check your application status in Seva Sindhu portal
In the seva sindhu portal, you can check the status of your application through simple procedure. Please follow the steps given below to the word to check status of application in seva sindhu portal.
- Visiting the seva sindhu’s official website is the first step to check the status of your application.
- In the homepage, you will find “track application” which you have to press.
- There are two modes available when checking the application status. You can either enter the reference number of the application or type in the OTP.
- Choose a mode you wish to use and type in the details required.
- Now all that is left to do is clicking the submit button. Upon clicking that you will learn about the status of your application in the seva sindhu portal.
Steps to get Information about Service Centers
To get to know the details of service centers, all you have to do is carry out the simple steps below.
- As usual, the first step is to visit the official website of Karnataka’s seva sindhu portal.
- In the homepage, you will find “service centers” which you will have to click.
- Clicking upon that will take you to a new page where you have to select your taluk and district accordingly.
- After you have selected the taluk and district, you can view the details about the service centers.
Mobile App for Seva Sindhu Portal
To make it convenient for the residents, there is a mobile app available for the seva sindhu portal. This app can be downloaded and installed in your mobile phone. Thus accessing the portal becomes very easy for anyone with a mobile phone. Following the simple steps below will enable you to download the app in your mobile phone.
- In your mobile, make a visit to the Google Playstore.
- When you are there, enter in the app name which is seva sindhu.
- The official app will be displayed to you.
- All you have to do now is to download and finally install it to use in the future.
Steps to Apply for one time relief fund for power loom workers
If you are a power loom worker looking to get the relief fund of 3000 rupees, application is available in the portal. Seva sindhu offers applications which can be filled and submitted to get the relief fund for Covid-19 pandemic. It is better to apply for the relief fund through the seva sindhu portal. If you want to learn how to apply for it, please see below.
- For applying for relief fund for power loom workers, visit the site of seva sindhu.
- In the homepage, you can find a display called “application for power loom workers to avail rupees 3000”.
- You will have to click that link which will take you to a new page.
- The website named karnatakadht.org will be displayed where you will have to fill the application and submit.
- You will have to upload the consent form and the affidavit from your owner.
- After filling in all the details, press the submit button and you have successfully applied for relief fund.
Steps for Migrant workers in Karnataka to Register with Seva Sindhu Portal
- If you are a migrant worker, visit the official website of seva sindhu.
- Then in the homepage, you can find a section for migrant workers.
- You will have to click that and fill in the details about you in the page.
- After that you have to type in the captcha correctly and click the submit button.
Steps to apply for a new Ration Card through Seva Sindhu Portal
Applying a new ration card is a bit of a headache when done manually. However, with the help of the seva sindhu digital portal, you can easily apply. The application process is very simple and you can submit it very soon. To know about the steps needed to be followed, see below.
- In the official website of seva sindhu digital portal, click “frequently used service”.
- From the list displayed, click on the new ration card- food and civil supplies department option.
- This will take you to a new page where you will be asked to click an option called “apply online”.
- Click on that option and login to your account by using the ID and password you gave for registration.
- A tab called “Ration card application” is in the dashboard. Find it and click upon it.
- You will have to fill in all the details about your family in the form which is being displayed to you.
- Finally, there is a submit button that you have to click.
Steps to apply for Seva Sindhu e-pass
In covid time, it is difficult to go from one state to another without having e-pass. There is a simple procedure for applying for e-pass online through the seva sindhu portal in Karnataka.
- Go to the digital portal of Karnataka which is seva sindhu.
- Then, in the homepage, fill in theplace to which you have decided to travel.
- You will have to type in the details about your name, address, mobile number and journey details too.
- There will be a captcha displayed which you have to type in the specified space.
- Then press the submit button and successfully apply for e-pass.
Steps to apply for Sindhutva Praman Patra
- Go to the seva sindhu portal for applying for Sindhutva Praman Patra.
- The applicants should have received the SMS to apply in this portal.
- Find the “apply for Sindhutva Praman Patra” link in the homepage and click it.
- You will land in a new page where you have to type in your mobile number.
- Now, there is a box specified as “generate OTP” and click that to generate an OTP.
- Enter the OTP you received in the specified space and press submit button.
- An application form will appear where you have to fill in the information as required.
- Also, you will be required to upload important documents needed for applying the Sindhutva praman patra.
- The final step is to click the submit button shown in the page and that is it. You have now successfully applied for Sindhutva praman patra through the seva sindhu portal.