- Vice Admiral G Ashok Kumar assumes charge as Vice Chief of Naval Staff
Vice Admiral G Ashok Kumar assumed charge as Vice Chief of the Naval Staff. He served as the Navigating Officer of Indian Naval Ships Beas, Nilgiri, Ranvir, and Vikrant. An alumnus of Sainik School, Amaravathi Nagar, and National Defence Academy, Khadakvasla, Pune, he was commissioned into the Executive Branch of the Indian Navy.
- Syria & Iran signs long-term economic cooperation deal: Syria has signed a long-term economic cooperation deal with Iran. The agreement covers the industrial, agricultural, service, infrastructure and energy sectors among others. The deal was signed between Iranian first vice president Eshaq Jahangiri and Syrian Prime Minister Emad Khamis.
- FDI Rose 18% in FY18 to Rs 28.25 Lakh Crore: RBI data
Reserve Bank of India has released a data on “Census on Foreign Liabilities and Assets of Indian Direct Investment Companies, 2017-18” which shows that the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) has increased 18% to Rs. 28.25 lakh crore in FY18. FDI increased by Rs 4,33,300,crore, including revaluation of past investments, during 2017-18 to reach Rs 28,24,600 crore in March 2018 at market value.
- UAE, Saudi Central banks launch common digital currency called ‘Aber’
Central banks of UAE and Saudi Arabia launched common digital currency called ‘Aber ‘. UAE central bank will establish an additional means for the central financial transfer systems of the two countries and enable bankers to directly deal with each other.
- Piyush Goyal received Carnot Prize
Union Finance Minister Piyush Goyal received the Carnot prize for his work towards sustainable energy solutions from University of Pennsylvania in New Delhi. This award rewards the works done by Piyush Goyal to reform the electricity sector and extended access to electricity to 18,000 villages.
- The International Year of the Periodic Table
The United Nations announced 2019 as the International Year of the Periodic Table of the Chemical Elements to highlight its first publication in 1869. The periodic table as we know it today was first designed by the Russian scientist Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleev. The announcement by the United Nations will help to raise the profile of how chemistry can provide solutions to global challenges in agriculture, education, energy, and health.
- South Korean footballer Ki Sung-Yeung announces retirementMidfielder Ki Sung-Yeung announced his retirement from the South Korean national team. The midfielder had hinted at retirement after the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia but decided to compete in the 2019 AFC Asian Cup, currently being held in the United Arab Emirates.
- Former Ranji player and Cricket coach Amrik Singh Nagra died at 49
Former Punjab Ranji cricketer and coach Amrik Singh Nagra died due to cardiac arrest in Ludhiana. In 1987, Amrik Singh Nagra was one of six players selected for under 19th championship som Ludhiana.
01st February 2019 Current Affairs in pdf: Download
01st February 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|