- The International Astronomy Day is celebrated twice a year, once on May 2 and the second time on September 26. The day aims to spread awareness about the world of astronomy. The first ever International Astronomy Day was celebrated in 1973.
- India has dropped down two places in the latest ICC Test Team Rankings, which were released on May 1, 2020. India slipped to the 3rd spot, while Australia has jumped up to the top rank. New Zealand ranks at the second position.
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga operating under Jal Shakti Ministry launched ‘IDEAthon’ on May 2, 2020. The initiative aims to focus on the “The Future of River Management” to explore how the COVID-19 crisis will change the river management strategies.
- The National Science and Technology Management Information (NSTMIS) recently surveyed Research and Development Statistics and Indicators 2019-20. As per its report, India ranks 3rd globally in the scientific publication, only behind China and the United States that was ranked second and first respectively. The gross expenditure on Research and Development in India has nearly tripled between 2008 and 2018.
- The Kashmir Saffron recently received a Geographical Indication Tag. Three other products including Black rice of Manipur, Gorakhpur Terracotta and Kovilpatti Kadalai Mittai also received the GI tag recently.
- The third phase of the lockdown came into effect starting from May 4, 2020. The lockdown has been extended for another two weeks until May 17, 2020 with considerable relaxations in non-containment zones.
- The World Press Freedom Day was observed across the world on May 3, 2020, with the theme “Journalism without Fear or Favour.” On the occasion, the UN Secretary-General António Guterres highlighted the importance of the press in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic and stated that the press provides the antidote: verified, scientific, fact-based news and analysis.
- Russia will be launching its first Arktika-M satellite to monitor the Arctic climate and environment later this year. The first Arktika-M spacecraft has been developed and is currently undergoing radio-electronic testing. The satellite is planned for launch towards the end of 2020.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|