1. UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson on January 4, 2021 cancelled his planned trip to India to be the chief guest at the Republic Day Parade 2021. Johnson has cancelled his visit saying that it is important for him to remain in the United Kingdom to focus on the domestic response to the virus.
2. A Japanese Company and Kyoto University have decided to collaborate to develop the world’s first wooden satellites by 2023. The research has already started on tree growth and the use of wooden materials in space.
3. Hundreds of winter migratory birds have been found dead in Himachal Pradesh’s Pong Dam Lake sanctuary. No specific cause has been identified for the unfortunate incident.
4. The scientist who discovered the Ebola virus in 1976 has warned against an unknown number of new and potentially fatal viruses faced by humanity, among which is a deadly disease called ‘Disease X’. This came after a woman from a remote town in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, was found suffering from symptoms of a hemorrhagic fever similar to Ebola, which could have been caused by an unidentified deadly pathogen.
5. India launched the 40th Scientific Expedition to Antarctica on January 4, 2021. The journey marks the fourth decade of the nation’s scientific endeavour to the Southern White Continent.
6. India will be the co-chair of Asia Protected Areas Partnership (APAP) for the next three years after successfully increasing the population of wild animals such as lions, tigers, and leopards by protecting their habitats. India will be replacing South Korea, which had held the position till November 2020.
7. Alexander Ellis has been appointed as the British High Commissioner to India. He will be succeeding Philip Barton.
8. The International Jury of the 51st International Film Festival of India will be headed by Argentine filmmaker Pablo Cesar. The other members of the jury will include Priyadarshan from India, Rubaiyat Hossain from Bangladesh, Abu Bakr Shawky from Austria and Prasanna Vithanage from Sri Lanka.
9. It is an honor to dedicate the 450 kilometer Kochi-Mangaluru natural gas pipeline to the nation. This is an important day for India, especially for the people of Kerala and Karnataka. These two states are being connected by a Natural Gas pipeline. Congratulations also to all stake-holders for taking steps to provide clean energy infrastructure. The pipeline will have a positive impact on the economic growth of these two states.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|