1. India has withdrawn itself from the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) stating that it is against India’s economic interests and national priorities. China announced that India is welcome to join the RCEP whenever it is ready.
2. Union Ministry of Rural Development recently released the Wastelands Atlas 2019 on the basis of the new wastelands mapping exercise carried out by NRSC through Indian Remote Sensing Satellite data. The atlas was published by the Department of Land Resources in collaboration with National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Department of Space.
3. Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh co-chaired the 19th India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on military and military technical cooperation in Moscow. During the visit, the Defence Minister is scheduled to inaugurate the India-Russia Defence Industry Cooperation Conference along with Russian Minister of Industry and Trade Denis Manturov.
4. PS Sreedharan Pillai took oath as the new Governor of Mizoram on November 5, 2019. He was administered the oath of the office by Gauhati High Court Chief Justice, Ajay Lamba.
5. The World Tsunami Awareness Day is celebrated every year on November 5, 2019 across the world. The Day was proclaimed in the year 2015. The Day aims to raise awareness about Tsunami among people living in low-lying areas.
6. The United States (US) formally notified the United Nations (UN) about its withdrawal from the Paris climate agreement, citing unfair economic burden on the country.
7. Tawang Festival is an annual festival of Arunachal Pradesh. The festival showcases the rich cultural heritage of Arunachal Pradesh by programs related to Buddhism, traditional dances, indigenous games and movies.
8. The Bihar government announced a ban on government vehicles older than 15 years due to increasing pollution in the state. All commercial vehicles older than 15 years will be banned in Patna.
9. China’s National Medical Products Administration has approved the market launch of the drug, GV-971, which is reported to cure Alzheimer’s. The medicine is expected to be on sale from December 2019.