1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on August 6, 2021 retained the real GDP growth forecast at 9.5 percent for the current financial year 2021-2022. The RBI has also kept the repo rate unchanged at 4 percent and reverse repo rate at 3.35 percent and decided to continue to maintain its accommodative stance.
2. India, World Bank, the Central Water Commission and government representatives from 10 participating States on August 4, 2021, signed the Second Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP-2) worth $250 million for enhancing the safety and performance of existing dams in India.
3. The Kerala Assembly on August 5, 2021, unanimously passed a resolution demanding the Central Government to withdraw the Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
4. The Indian women’s hockey team chief coach Sjoerd Marijne stepped down from his position on August 6, 2021. He revealed that India’s bronze medal match against Great Britain at the Tokyo Olympics was his last assignment with the Indian side.
5. Bernard Arnault, French Tycoon, the Chairman and the CEO of the French Luxury Conglomerate LVHM Moet Hennessy- Louis Vuitton, became the richest man in the world after Amazon’s founder Jeff Bezos net worth fell $13.9 billion in a day on August 6, 2021.
6. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award has been renamed as Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award. The highest sporting honour in the country which was named after the former Prime Minister of India Rajiv Gandhi has been rechristened in the honour of Hockey wizard Dhyan Chand.
7. Kerala Government on August 5, 2021, launched the COVID-19 death information portal in the state to maintain and manage a proper record of the number of deaths due to coronavirus infection.
8. Thailand has banned sunscreens containing chemicals that can potentially damage coral from all of its marine national parks. This comes after concerns were raised that the lotions used by tourists for sun protection are harming the slow-growing corals. Thai Department of Conservation stated that four ingredients commonly found in sun creams destroy the coral larvae, obstruct coral reproduction and cause reef bleaching.
ದೈನಂದಿನ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಉದ್ಯೋಗ ನವೀಕರಣಗಳಿಗಾಗಿ ಟೆಲಿಗ್ರಾಮ್ ಗುಂಪಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಸೇರಿJoin Telegram Group
Get Free Whatsapp Alerts
Save Below Mobile Phone Number
Send your District name from Whatsapp to receive Govt job notifications. 90 3666 1666