- On July 6, 2019, The Government of Hong Kong approved to grant about $9,02,278 (7.032 million Hong Kong dollars) from Hong Kong’s Disaster Relief Fund for cyclone Fani victims in Odisha. Benefit: This will benefit around 45,100 cyclone victims who were affected by cyclone storm,’Fani’ in May 2019 that killed 64 people and damaged more than five lakh houses in the Odisha’s coastal districts. Purpose: The grants will be used to provide hygiene kits, kitchen kits, water kits, and education kits as well as household and shelter kits to the victims. The relief agencies asked to submit the evaluation reports and audited accounts on the use of the grants after the completion of the project.
- On July 5, 2019, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman stated that India’s central bank, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will now given power to takes over as the regulator of Housing Finance Firms (HFFs) instead of NHB(National Housing Bank). The government will also provide a one-time six-month partial guarantee to state-run banks for the acquisition of up to 1 trillion rupees ($14.6 billion) of highly-rated assets from NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Company).The financial crisis emerged from Dewan Housing Finance Corporation (DHFC) and Reliance Capital Ltd led to this decision for giving fresh fund. The cash crunch at such firms could weaken the financial system and economy given their large lending role and ties with banks, mutual funds, and insurers.
- Elavenil Valarivan is associated with Shooting. On July 4, 2019, Elavenil Valarivan (19), a three-time junior World Cup medalist strikes her silver medal in 10m Air Rifle event in the 30th World University Summer Games 2019 held in Napoli, Italy. She will be next participating in ISSF (International Shooting Sport Federation) Junior World Cup 2019, Suhl which is scheduled to start from July 12, 2019.
- United Nations International Day of Cooperatives is celebrated annually on the first Saturday of July and this year it was observed on July 6, 2019. Its aim is to create awareness on cooperatives and promote international solidarity, economic efficiency, equality, and world peace. The theme for 2019 is “Coops 4 decent work”. It is the 25th United Nations International Day of Cooperatives and the 96th International Cooperative day. It was celebrated for the first time in July 1923 by the International Co-operative Alliance (ICA).
- The World Zoonoses Day 2019 was observed on July 6. The day is celebrated to create awareness on zoonotic diseases and to teach people to take right action on diseases. The word Zoonoses is derived from the Greek words zoon (animal) and nosos (ailment). The day is celebrated every year to commemorate the day, in 1885 when Louis Pasteur successfully administered the first vaccine against Rabies virus. Zoonoses are infectious diseases (virus, bacteria and parasites) that can be spread from animals to humans, and vice versa. They can spread from direct contact with animals or indirectly, vector-borne or food-borne.