1. Abhinandan Varthaman, Indian Air Force pilot, is likely to be awarded a Vir Chakra for his gallantry. Five Mirage-2000 fighter jet pilots who dropped bombs on the terror facility of the Jaish-e-Mohammed will also get the Vayu Sena Medal for gallantry.
2. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has approved the “Mukhya Mantri Be-sahara Gau-Vansh Sahbhagita Yojana”. Scheme has been launched for the welfare of stray cattle that will also help generate employment opportunities.
3. Saudi Arabia has de-recognized Pakistani PG medical degree programmes such as MS/MD degrees. The gulf nation has asked doctors with Pakistani MS/MD degrees to be ready to leave or be deported. Qatar, UAE and Bahrain have also followed suit.
4. Pakistan has permanently cancelled the Samjhauta Express train services that linked India and Pakistan. The announcement follows the decision of the Indian government to scrap Article 35 A and Article 370 thus, revoking the special status of Jammu & Kashmir and bifurcating the state into two Union Territories- Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
5. The 77th anniversary of Quit India movement, also known as August Kranti Diwas, was observed on August 8, 2019. The Quit India movement began with Mahatma Gandhi’s clarion call of “Do or Die” to end the British rule in India.
6. The Uttar Pradesh government and Netherlands have extended their existing bilateral agreement of cooperation in several fields by another five years till 2024. The MoU was signed in the presence of UP CM Yogi Adityanath and the Netherlands ambassador to India, Marten van den Berg.
7. The United States has approved the sale of 12 multi-mission Seahawk helicopters to South Korea. The helicopters are worth 800 million USD. The helicopters bolster anti-surface and anti-submarine missions and can handle secondary missions such as search and rescue and replenishment and communications relay.
8. The United States introduced rules formally banning Chinese technology giant Huawei and other Chinese firms from government contracts on August 7. The move is a part of the escalating trade war between the two countries.
9. According to the statement released by South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL), Brazil striker Gabriel Jesus has been banned from international football for two months for improper conduct in last month’s Copa America final.
10. Saudi Arabia issued new laws on Friday that will allow Saudi women to travel abroad without approval from a male guardian. The new rule allows women to obtain passports and travel freely, ending an age-old restriction.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|