- Chalasani Venkat Nageswar, who is the deputy MD of International Banking Group, has been given the additional charge of deputy managing director and chief financial officer (CFO) of the State Bank of India (SBI).
- Chandrayaan-3 is expected to be launched in the first half of 2021. This was revealed by Union Minister Jitendra Singh in a written response to a question in Lok Sabha. This indicates that there might be a slight delay in the launch of the third moon mission.
- The central government has proposed to create 75 lakh Self Help Groups by 2022 to support more women to earn livelihood. The Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar made the announcement while addressing a programme on Women’s Empowerment to mark the International Women’s Day in New Delhi.
- The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has lowered the interest rate on provident fund deposits to 8.5 per cent for the current fiscal year, 2019-20 from earlier 8.65 percent. This was announced by Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar after the meeting of the EPFO apex decision making body – the Central Board of Trustee.
- Andhra Pradesh ranks first in the country for overall implementation of Poshan Abhiyan, according to Niti Aayog’s latest report. As a part of the programme, the state has trained all Angan Wadi Workers on modules created based on lifecycle approach- first 1000 days of life with the support of incremental learning Approach (ILA). The state has also given smart phones to all 55,607 angan wadi workers to improve service delivery and for day-to-day reporting.
- As of March 9, 2020, Italy with 366 deaths has reported the second highest COVID-19 death toll in the world after China. The number of fatalities has nearly tripled in the nation, with most deaths in Italy’s wealthy north region. The nation with a total of 7,300 confirmed cases has overtaken South Korea in the number of infections. South Korea currently has over 7,000 cases.
- The Parliament of Maldives on March 8, 2020 introduced a motion to launch an inquiry into systemic gender discrimination on the occasion of International Women’s day. The motion seeks to identify policies, laws and systems that are detrimental to women.
- South Korea’s military claims that North Korea fired three projectiles on March 9, 2020. This is reportedly North Korea’s second weapons test in a week. It comes a week after it launched two short-range ballistic missiles.
- Consulting firm MicroSave Consulting (MSC) in a report titled ‘The real story of women’s financial inclusion in India’ says the Modi government’s flagship scheme, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), has helped raise women’s ownership of bank accounts from 43 per cent in 2014 to 77 per cent in 2017.
- President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath of office to Bimal Julka as Chief Information Commissioner (CIC). The post was vacant after the transparency watchdog chief Sudhir Bhargava retired on January 11.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|