- M Rajeshwar Rao has been appointed as the fourth deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India. The post was vacant since NS Vishwanathan stepped down in March citing health reasons, three months before his term was scheduled to end.
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal has been given additional charge of the Union Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution. The additional responsibility was given by President Ram Nath Kovind on October 9, 2020.
- Delhi government has passed a tree transplantation policy, under which 80% of the trees uprooted for any construction or development project will have to be transplanted elsewhere. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced that the transplantation agency will only get their due payment if 80 percent of the transplanted trees survive.
- China has formally joined the COVAX facility, a global initiative for the COVID-19 vaccine, by signing an agreement with Gavi Vaccine Alliance on October 8, 2020.The news was shared by Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying in a statement today.
- The Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru has developed a non-invasive bandage with magnetic nanofibers that can potentially treat skin cancer. The researchers conducted two experiments using the magnetic bandage and both times, its application killed the cancer cells successfully.
- The RBI Governor in his address on October 9, 2020 announced that the Monetary Policy Committee had decided to keep repo rates unchanged at 4 percent. The MPC has also decided to maintain an accommodative stance as long as required for growth.
- The Nobel Peace Prize 2020 has been awarded to the World Food Programme (WFP) for its efforts to combat hunger. The World Food Programme (WFP) has been honoured with the prestigious prize for its contribution to bettering conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas and for acting as a driving force in efforts to prevent use of hunger as a weapon of war and conflict.
- India successfully test-fired the ‘Rudram’ Anti-Radiation Missile on October 9, 2020. The missile has been designed and developed by India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|