1. The Constitution (126th) Amendment Bill proposes to extend the reservation quota for SCs and STs in the Lok Sabha and the state assemblies by another 10 years, till January 25, 2030. The bill was passed by the Lok Sabha on December 10, 2019.
2. The Constitution (126th) Amendment Bill has left out extension of reservation quota for the Anglo-Indian community, which is also set to expire on January 25, 2020.
3. ISRO on December 11, 2019 launched earth observation satellite RISAT-2BR1 along with nine foreign satellites aboard PSLV-C48 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
4. Nada has hoped that Sunil Shetty’s celebrity status will prove helpful in ending doping from the Games. This year more than 150 players failed the dope test.
5. India won the highest number of medals in the 13th South Asian Games held in Nepal from December 1-10, 2019. The Indian medal tally included 312 medals including 173 gold, 93 silver and 44 bronze medals. It is a biennial sports competition organized among South Asian nations.
6. India won a total of 52 medals in swimming including 27 gold, 19 silver and 6 bronze medals. This was India’s best show-ever at the Games. India also won 18 gold medals in shooting and 15 in wrestling.
7. Prime Minister of Ethiopia Abiy Ahmed received the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize on December 10, 2019 at Oslo, Norway. He was given the honor for his efforts to resolve Ethiopia’s long-standing conflict with neighbouring nation Eritrea.
8. The International Mountain Day is observed annually on December 11, 2019. The day is celebrated to raise awareness about the importance of mountains, focus on opportunities and emphasize the development of mountains. The theme of International Mountains Day 2019 is “Mountains matter for Youth”.
9. Britain’s snap general election will be held on December 12, 2019. The elections were called to break the deadlock over Brexit, which has gripped Britain ever since the 2016 referendum vote, in which majority Britons voted to leave the EU.
10. NASA would be launching its Mars rover in the summer of 2020. The rover will be joining NASA’s curiosity rover on the red planet. NASA has defined different roles for the two rovers.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|