1. The Malala Day is observed on July 12, on the birthday of the young activist, Malala Yousafzai. The United Nations had designated July 12 as Malala Day to honour the young woman who has been a prominent activist for female education since her early teens.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be interacting with the Chief Ministers of eight north-eastern states at 11 am on July 13, 2021 through video conferencing to discuss the COVID-19 situation in their region.
3. Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on July 11, 2021 announced an ex gratia of Rs 5 lakh each to the families of those who lost their lives due to lightning strikes in the state. He has also ordered to provide compensation for those who have been injured.
4. World number one Novak Djokovic won his sixth Wimbledon title when he defeated Italy’s Matteo Berrettini 6-7, 6-4, 6-4, 6-3 at the Centre Court in the finals of Wimbledon Men’s Singles 2021. With the win, Djokovic has now equal Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal’s tally of 20 Grand Slams. This is Djokovic ‘s third Grand Slam win this year after winning the Australian Open and French Open. He will now look to win the last Grand Slam- the US Open as well to finish the year on a high.
5. Italy won the European Championship for the first time since 1968. Italy beat England 3-2 during penalties to lift the cup at the Wembley stadium on July 11, 2021. Italy’s goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma was named the player of the tournament.
6. Italian centre-back Leonardo Bonucci on July 11, 2021 became the oldest goal-scorer in the history of the Euro finals. He achieved the feat during England and Italy’s clash in the Euro 2020 finals at the Wembley Stadium, which Italy won 3-2 on penalties.
7. Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo won the Euro 2020 Golden Boot, despite having played in just four matches. Ronaldo scored five goals in the Euro Cup, the joint highest with Czech Republic forward Patrik Schick who also had the same number of goals. However, Ronaldo won the Golden boot through tie-breaker of assists.
8. Ramanathan Krishnan was the first Indian to win a junior title when he won the 1954 Wimbledon junior championship. His son Ramesh Krishnan went on to become the second Indian to win a junior title when he won the 1970 junior Wimbledon and junior French Open titles.
9. Sirisha Bandla was one of the six crew members aboard Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic flight, which flew to the edge of space before returning to the Earth. Indian-origin Sirisha Bandla became the second Indian-born woman to fly into space on July 11, 2021. She flew to the edge of space aboard billionaire Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic flight ‘VSS Unity’. Sirisha Bandla was one of the six crew members aboard Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic flight, which flew to the edge of space before returning to the Earth. The Virgin Galactic rocket flew high above New Mexico in the US and returned to the Earth just an hour after leaving the ground.
Get Free Whatsapp Alerts
Save Below Mobile Phone Number 90 3666 1666
Send your District name from Whatsapp to receive Govt job notifications.
ದೈನಂದಿನ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಉದ್ಯೋಗ ನವೀಕರಣಗಳಿಗಾಗಿ ಟೆಲಿಗ್ರಾಮ್ ಗುಂಪಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಸೇರಿJoin Telegram Group