1. India’s retail inflation stood at 6.26 percent in June 2021, which is slightly down from 6.30 percent in May but still well above the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) threshold of 6 percent. This is as per the data issued by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation on July 12, 2021.
2. India’s top vaccine maker, Serum Institute of India (SII) will begin production of the Russian COVID-19 vaccine, Sputnik V from September 2021. This was informed by Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund.
3. Kerala Health Minister Veena George informed on July 12, 2021 that the Kerala government is all set to launch a campaign called ‘Mathru Kavacham’ to provide COVID-19 vaccines to all the pregnant women in the state.
4. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced that the state government will provide Rs 10 lakhs to each player for participating in singles and team events. The gold medal winners in the individual category will get Rs 6 crores from the state government, while the gold medalists in team events will receive Rs 3 crores each.
5. The Kerala Health Minister Veena George informed on July 13, 2021 that two more people in the state have been diagnosed with the Zika virus. With this, the state’s total tally of Zika virus cases has gone up to 21.
6. In a rare occurrence, the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile test carried out off the coast of Odisha on July 12, 2021 failed and the missile fell shortly after takeoff. The extended range version of the missile was being tested that is capable of hitting targets up to 450 kilometres.
7. Cuba has developed the world’s first conjugate Covid-19 vaccine Soberana 2 (Sovereign 2). Cuba’s State-run corporation Bio Farma confirmed on July 9, 2021 that its indigenously produced Soberana 2 vaccine showed 91.2% efficacy when delivered with a booster shot of Soberana Plus during phase-3 clinical trials.
8. Indian Navy has received its tenth P-8I long-range maritime reconnaissance anti-submarine aircraft from Boeing. This is the second aircraft to be delivered under the contract for four additional aircraft, which was signed by the Indian Defence Ministry in 2016.
Get Free Whatsapp Alerts
Save Below Mobile Phone Number 90 3666 1666
Send your District name from Whatsapp to receive Govt job notifications.
ದೈನಂದಿನ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಉದ್ಯೋಗ ನವೀಕರಣಗಳಿಗಾಗಿ ಟೆಲಿಗ್ರಾಮ್ ಗುಂಪಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಸೇರಿJoin Telegram Group