1. Banned Chinese fashion brand Shein is set to make a comeback in India through Amazon during its upcoming Amazon Prime Day Sale, as per the sale banner. The sale will be launched across India from midnight of July 26 till July 27.
2. Google has put a 60-minutes limit on Google Meet group video calls with three or more participants for free users with personal Gmail accounts. Google had earlier in September 2020 lifted the time cap on Google Meet duration amid the pandemic and extended it to June 2021. The tech giant has now reinstated the 60-minute time limit.
3. Foreign Ministers of India, China, Pakistan, and five other member countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) convened a key meeting of the group in Dushanbe, Tajikistan on July 14, 2021, with the security situation in Afghanistan and post-COVID recovery among key concerns.
4. The UP government led by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on July 13, 2021 allowed the Kunwar Yatra from July 25 despite concerns raised by various quarters over the risk posed by such events in triggering a possible third wave of COVID-19.
5. The Central Government on July 14, 2021, approved a hike in the Dearness Allowance (DA) for the Central Government employees and the Dearness Relief (DA) for pensioners from 17% to 28% with effect from July 1, 2021.
6. The number of oath-takers at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony has been doubled from three to six to ensure gender parity. Japan will pick one male and one female participant from each group for the event that has been an integral part of the Games since 1920. Besides them, two coaches and two judges will also take the Olympic oath this time. In the past, the Olympic oath was taken by an athlete from the host country on behalf of all competitors along with a coach and a judge.
7. Ladakh has become the first Union Territory of India to vaccinate all the residents as well as the ‘guest population’, consisting of hotel workers, migrant labourers, and Nepalese citizens who have been earning their livelihood in the UT, with the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
8. India is all set to sending a 228-strong contingent to Tokyo Olympics, including 119 athletes. Highlights of 119 athletes, 67 are male and 52 female participants. 119 athletes from 22 states will represent 130 crore Indians in 18 sport disciplines. India is fighting for 85 medal events. It will be largest ever contingent of athletes
Get Free Whatsapp Alerts
Save Below Mobile Phone Number 90 3666 1666
Send your District name from Whatsapp to receive Govt job notifications.
ದೈನಂದಿನ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಉದ್ಯೋಗ ನವೀಕರಣಗಳಿಗಾಗಿ ಟೆಲಿಗ್ರಾಮ್ ಗುಂಪಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಸೇರಿJoin Telegram Group