1. The Government has allocated Rs 10000 crore for the micro food enterprises. The scheme promotes PM Modi’s vision of “Vocal for Local with Global Outreach”. It will be executed in a cluster-based approach. Health and wellness products, nutritional products and organic products will benefit from this fund.
2. The Government has allocated Rs 500 crores for bee keeping initiatives. This will benefit 2 lakh bee keepers. Currently, India imports wax for all purposes. This import can be stopped.
3. The Government will provide Rs 1 lakh crore to the aggregators, Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), primary agriculture cooperative societies to strengthen the farm gate infrastructure- cold chains, post harvest management infrastructure, storage centre and yards
4. The first four Rafale fighter jets will be flown in from France by the end of July 2020. The aircraft were earlier supposed to be delivered by May end but the delivery was postponed by two months in the wake of coronavirus outbreak.
5. The Gujarat government on May 14, 2020 launched the AatmaNirbhar Gujarat Sahay Yojna (AGSY). Under the scheme, the state will provide a loan of Rs 1 lakh each from banks at just 2 percent annual interest to around 10 lakh people belonging to lower-middle-income groups to help start their lives afresh.
6. Indian liquor baron Vijay Mallya’s application to appeal at the UK Supreme Court against his extradition order to India was rejected by the London High Court on May 14, 2020.
7. Roberto Azevedo, the Chief of the World Trade Organization (WTO) has decided to step down, a year before his term expires. The former Brazilian diplomat said that he will step down on August 31, 2020.
8. Four-time Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel will be leaving Ferrari at the end of the F1 season. Sebastian Vettel had joined Ferrari in 2015 to follow the footsteps of Michael Schumacher in winning titles with F1’s oldest and most glamorous team.