1. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on April 15, 2019, successfully test fired indigenously designed Long Range Sub-Sonic Cruise Missile “Nirbhay” from the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur, Odisha.
2. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Bolivia in the field of traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy. The MoU was signed in Bolivia in March 2019.
3. The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the creation of one post of Deputy Comptroller & Auditor General (Coordination, Communication and Information System) in Pay Level-17 in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG).
4. India is partnering with Japan and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to implement two projects in Africa. India will build a cancer hospital in Kenya in collaboration with Japan. It will partner with the UAE to set up an Information and Communications Technology (ICT) center in Ethiopia.
5. The UNESCO/Guillermo Cano Press Freedom Prize 2019 was awarded to Reuters’ reporters Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo for their exceptional courage in reporting on alleged human rights violations in the Myanmar’s state of Rakhine. The award carries prize money of USD 25000.
6. The US Department of State has advised its citizens to reconsider their travel to Pakistan due to terrorism. It has asked their citizens not to travel to restive Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) and Pakistan occupied Jammu & Kashmir as it has identified these places as the most dangerous areas due to terror attacks.
7. Indian selectors on April 15, 2019, announced the Indian team for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, which is scheduled to begin in England and Wales from May 30, 2019. The 15-man squad would be led by Virat Kohli with Rohit Sharma as his deputy. The surprise inclusions in the team include all-rounder Vijay Shankar and veteran wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik, who has returned to India’s World Cup squad after 12 years.
8. Indian selectors on April 15, 2019, announced the Indian team for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, which is scheduled to begin in England and Wales from May 30, 2019. The 15-man squad would be led by Virat Kohli with Rohit Sharma as his deputy. While all-rounder Vijay Shankar and veteran wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik were the surprise inclusions, middle-order batsman Ambati Rayudu and wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant were left out from the squad.
9. The Election Commission on April 15, 2019, banned Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, BSP leader Mayawati, SP leader Azam Khan, and Union minister Maneka Gandhi from campaigning for a set time period due to their hateful comments. This is the first time an all-India ban has been imposed on politicians to campaign in elections and it is also for the first time that such a restriction has been placed against a sitting chief minister.
10. The World Health Organization (WHO) has raised alarm over a 300 percent increase in the case of measles globally in the first quarter of 2019 compared with last year. So far this year, 170 countries have reported 112,163 measles cases to WHO. At this time in 2018, 163 countries had reported 28,124 cases.
16th April 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
16th April 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|