1. The Indian General Elections 2019 are drawing to a close with the final round of voting on May 19, 2019. The 7-phased elections began on April 11, 2019, to elect people’s representatives in all Parliamentary constituencies across the country for the 17th Lok Sabha.
2. The Lok Sabha elections 2019 are underway to elect people’s representatives from 543 constituencies for the 17th Lok Sabha. The election results will be declared on May 23, 2019.
3. Sir Andy Murray on May 16, 2019, received the Knighthood by Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, at an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace in recognition of his services to tennis and charity.
4. The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction honored Dr. Pramod Kumar Mishra, Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, with the ‘Sasakawa Award 2019 for Disaster Risk Reduction’.
5. The World Telecommunication and Information Society Day was observed on May 17, 2019, across the world with an aim to raise awareness that the use of Internet and other information and communication technologies (ICT) can bring societies and economies together, bridging the digital divide.
6. The International Cricket Council has released its list of commentators for the upcoming ICC World Cup 2019. The stellar line-up features three Indians including former Indian captain Saurav Ganguly.
7. Kadavoor Sivadasan, former Kerala Minister and veteran Congress leader passed away due to age-related ailments early on May 17 in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. He was 87.
8. India’s Shahrukh Khan has collaborated with the veteran American talk show host David Letterman for a Netflix stand-alone special. The show will be all about in-depth conversations.
9. Taiwan’s parliament has become the first in Asia to legalize same-sex marriage. The move marks a huge victory for the LGBT community of the island nation.
10. Croatian World Cupper Igor Stimac was appointed head coach of the Indian men’s senior football team for a two-year term. Stimac has experience of over 18 years in coaching, structuring, and developing football and players back home, and internationally.
17th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
17th May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|