1. J P Nadda has been appointed as BJP’s new working president during the party’s parliamentary board meeting on June 17, 2019. The parliamentary board is the highest decision-making body of the BJP. This is the first time that the BJP has appointed a working president. Amit Shah will remain BJP chief.
2. Om Birla has been named as the new Lok Sabha Speaker by the NDA. He is elected Member of Parliament from Kota, Rajasthan. Om Birla will file nomination for Lok Sabha speaker elections today. As soon as the new Speaker is appointed, Virendra Kumar’s role will cease to exist.
3. The Congress named five-time MP Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury as the leader of the party in the Lok Sabha. Chowdhury – a five-time member of the Lok Sabha – was chosen in view of his long experience in the parliament and the party. Others in running for the post included Kerala leader K Suresh, party spokesperson Manish Tewari and Shashi Tharoor.
4. The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought was observed on June 17, 2019. The theme of the day this year is “Let’s Grow the Future Together”.
5. Egypt’s first democratically-elected President Mohamed Morsi was buried on June 18, 2019, amid heavy security in Cairo, a day after his collapse and death during a court session. Rights groups have called for an independent and transparent probe into the detention conditions and death of the former leader.
6. The breakfast menu for inmates in Bangladeshi jails has been changed after 231 years. Under the new menu, inmates will receive bread and vegetables for four days, khichri for two days and halwa and bread on the other days of the week.
7. More than 100 children have lost their lives due to acute encephalitis syndrome (AES) in Bihar. This syndrome is locally known as Chamki Bukhar. Till now 83 children have died in Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital (SKMCH), while 17 have lost their lives in Kejriwal hospital in the city.
8. United Nations has released it’s World Population Prospects 2019 recently. This report explained that India is expected to show the highest population increase between now and 2050, overtaking China as the world’s most populous country, by around 2027.
9. Facebook launched its own digital currency ‘Libra’, powered by blockchain technology, for users around the world. Facebook’s ‘Calibra’ digital wallet will let users save, send and spend Libra with a smartphone.
18th June 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
18th June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|