1. The External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar clearly stated that PoK is and has always been a part of India and India expects to have physical jurisdiction over the area one day.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi turned 69 on September 17, 2019. PM Modi began his birthday by first visiting the Statue of Unity on Narmada River in Gujarat.
3. The DRDO recently successfully flight-tested the Air-to-Air missile, Astra off the Odisha coast. The missile was launched from the fighter jet Su-30 MKI.
4. France has decided to press to drop Sudan from the US blacklist of state sponsors of terrorism. The country is also planning to support efforts to reintegrate the country into the international community. The announcement was made by French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian.
5. The Union Ministry of Coal on September 16, 2019 signed an allotment agreement with the West Bengal Power Development Corporation Limited (WBPDCL). Under the agreement, WBPDCL has been allotted the Deocha Pachami Dewanganj-Harinsingha coal block.
6. Ajay Singh’s appointment as the Press Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) recently. Singh has been appointed for one year on contract basis. Singh succeeds Ashok Malik.
7. Himachal Pradesh Government recently launched the Mukhya Mantri Seva Sankalp Helpline ‘1100’ to enable speedy redressal of public grievances using digital medium.
8. Indian President Ram Nath Kovind and his Slovenian counterpart signed seven MoUs and agreements to promote bilateral relations. The agreements have been signed on investment, sports, culture, clean Ganga mission, science and technology among others.
9. Wing Commander Anjali Singh has become India’s first ever woman military diplomat to be posted in any of the Indian missions abroad. She has joined the Indian Embassy in Russia as the Deputy Air Attache.
10. Five women police officers from India were honoured by the United Nations for their exceptional services in the international body’s mission in South Sudan. The police officers include Reena Yadav, Gopika Jahangir, Bharati Samantre, Ragini Kumari and Kamal Shekhawat.