1. Mexico has ratified the US-Mexico-Canada agreement. This makes it the first country to give the new North American trade deal final approval despite recent tensions with the US. The deal aims to replace the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The US and Canada have yet to ratify the deal.
2. International retail giant Walmart on June 20, 2019, agreed to pay over 282 million US Dollar to various US bodies to settle charges of violating anti-corruption regulations while conducting its business in India, China, Brazil, and Mexico.
3. The World Music Day 2019 was observed across the world on June 21, 2019. The International day, also known as the Fête de la Musique, is an annual celebration of music that takes place on June 21, the same day as the International Yoga Day.
4. India is scheduled to take on Afghanistan tomorrow, June 22, 2019, in the Match 28 of ICC World Cup 2019 at Rose Bowl, Southampton. While India is riding high on 3 wins from four games, Afghanistan has had five back-to-back defeats. The Afghanistan team is ridden with issues both on and off the field.
5. The Ministry of External Affairs has issued an advisory to Indians visiting Ethiopia and expatriates residing there. The advisory comes in view of recent incidents of attacks on expatriates and foreigners in Addis Ababa and other parts of the country.
6. Google Doodle celebrated the Summer Solstice 2019 in Northern Hemisphere on June 21, the longest day of the year as it marked the official first day of the Summer Season in the Northern Hemisphere. Summer Solstice is also known as the ‘June Solstice’.
7. IndusInd Bank recently announced that 4 July will be the effective date of its merger with the Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd (BFIL). Post the merger, M R Rao, the current CEO of BFIL will become the CEO of IndusInd Financial Inclusion Ltd (IFIL).
8. The Himachal Pradesh made it compulsory for the trekkers to carry a GPS device to tackle any emergency. The decision was taken at a review meeting chaired by the State Additional Chief Secretary Shrikant Baldi on preparedness for the monsoon.
9. Karnataka and Maharashtra received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag for making Kolhapuris, the sturdy ethnic leather chappal (footwear). The tag will now help Kolhapuris artisans export them and also sell them on e-commerce platforms like Flipkart and Amazon.
10. The Union Government has entered into agreements with Bangladesh and South Korea to broadcast DD (Doordarshan) India channel in these countries. In return, the state channels of these two countries will be shown on DD Free Dish in India.
11. 5th International Yoga Day was celebrated across the world on June 21st. Yoga is ancient & modern. It is constant & evolving. For centuries, the essence of Yoga has remained the same – Healthy body, Stable mind, Spirit of oneness. Yoga provides a perfect blend of knowledge, work, and devotion, PM Narendra Modi said, addressing the crowd at Ranchi’s Prabhat Tara ground.
21st June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
21st June 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download