1. The 29th edition of the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair (ADIBF) began on April 24, 2019. India is attending the fair as the “Guest of Honour” country, reflecting the strong relations between the leadership and the people of the UAE and India.
2. The US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo on April 23, 2019, announced that the sanction waivers that it had granted to some countries still buying oil from Iran will terminate on May 2, 2019. With this announcement, five countries namely, India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Turkey will no longer be exempted from the US sanctions, if they continue to import Iranian oil after their waivers end on May 2.
3. SBI General Insurance launched its new product ‘cyber defense insurance’ to protect businesses from financial and reputational losses due to cyber attacks. It offers protection against the growing threat of cyber breaches like hacking attacks, identity theft, and business interruption.
4. On April 24, 2019, the first official International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace was celebrated by the United Nations and the UN General Assembly convened a one-day high-level plenary meeting to commemorate and promote the day.
5. According to data released by Startup Blink, India moved to 17th position in the Startup Ecosystem Ranking 2019 from 37th spot in 2018. The top three spots remained unchanged on the index with the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada.
6. The Supreme Court on April 23, 2019, constituted a three-judge panel headed by Justice SA Bobde, the senior-most judge in the apex court after the Chief Justice of India (CJI), to inquire into the sexual harassment complaint by a former junior court assistant against CJI Ranjan Gogoi. Besides Justice SA Bobde, the inquiry panel comprises Justice NV Ramana, the next senior most judge, and Justice Indira Banerjee, who was elevated to the Supreme Court on August 7, 2018.
7. The Union Government on April 23, 2019, extended the ban on import of milk and its products, including chocolates, from China till laboratories at ports for testing the presence of toxic chemical melamine are upgraded. The ban was first imposed in September 2008 and extended subsequently from time to time. The latest ban imposed by the government ended on April 23.
8. The UAE Space Agency and Mohammed bin Rashid Space Centre (MBRSC) have announced that 85 percent of the Hope Probe project has been completed. Hope Probe is an ambitious dream project of UAE to send a mission to Mars.
9. The Islamic State (ISIS) has claimed responsibility for serial bombings in Sri Lanka which killed over 310 people and injured about 500 others on Easter, on April 21, 2019. Sri Lankan government had earlier named local Islamist radical group, the National Thowheed Jamaath, as the prime suspect, for the string of eight powerful blasts that shattered a decade of peace in the island nation since the end of the civil war.
10. Pakistan Navy on April 23, 2019, successfully test-fired an indigenous cruise missile in the Arabian Sea, the navy said. The indigenously developed cruise missile has anti-ship missile and land attack capability. The missile reportedly hit its target accurately on land signifying the impressive capabilities of the indigenous missile system.
24th April 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
24th April 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|