1. India and Israel have decided to work together to develop a set of COVID-19 tests that will bring the entire testing process down to 30 seconds, it will also be widely available and will help the open economies.
2. Sahil Seth has been appointed as the honorary adviser to the steering committee of the BRICS Chamber of Commerce (CCI) young leaders for the period of 2020-2023.
3. The much-awaited Indian Premier League has been rescheduled for September 19, 2020 in the United Arab Emirates. The final will be held on November 8, 2020. This was confirmed by IPL Chairman Brijesh Patel on July 24.
4. Pakistan’s Punjab government has banned over 100 textbooks for having “blasphemous and objectionable content” such as not showing Pakistan-occupied Kashmir as part of the country. Some books had not printed the correct date of the birth of Pakistan’s founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah and national poet Allama Muhammad Iqbal.
5. Jharkhand state cabinet on July 22, 2020 approved the Jharkhand Contagious Disease Ordinance 2020, under which violations of COVID-19 protocols such as not wearing masks will invite jail term up to 2 years and fine of up to Rs 1 lakh.
6. The United States has order closure of the Chinese Consulate General in Houston. A US Congressman alleged that the consulate was the epicenter of China’s espionage in terms of stealing the bio-medical research.
7. The United States is planning to launch its Mars Rover next week, becoming the third nation to launch a space probe to Mars in July after the UAE and China. NASA will be launching its Mars Perseverance rover next week. All three missions are planning to reach Mars orbit by February 2021.
8. The Indian Government on July 23, 2020 amended the General Financial Rules 2017 to impose restrictions on public procurement from countries that share a land border with India on national security grounds.