- India has jumped two positions to be ranked 76th on the World Economic Forum’s global Energy Transition index. The annual list, released by the Geneva-based forum on March 25, 2019, ranks 115 economies on their ability to balance energy security and access with environmental sustainability and affordability.
- The first batch of four Boeing heavy-lift Chinook Helicopters, CH-47F (I) was inducted in Indian Air Force (IAF) on March 25, 2019, at Air Force Station, Chandigarh, in Squadron No 126 Helicopter Flight (Featherweights). The Chinook helicopters arrived at the Mundra airport in Gujarat from the United States on February 10, 2019.
- Jimmy Carter, the 39th president of the United States, became the longest living President of the United States on March 22, 2019. At the age of 94 years and 172 days, Carter exceeded by one day the lifespan of former President George HW Bush, who passed away in November 2018 at the age of 94 years and 171 days.
- The World Tuberculosis (TB) Day was observed across the globe on March 24, 2019, with an aim to raise public awareness about the upsetting health and economic consequences of tuberculosis and to step up efforts to end the global TB epidemic.
- Vice Admiral Karambir Singh was on March 23, 2019, appointed as the Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS). He is currently serving as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C) of Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam.
- Indian full-service carrier Jet Airways on January 1, 2019, informed the stock exchanges that it had defaulted on its loan repayments to banks. Soaked in financial losses and debt of over USD 1 billion, the airline is struggling to even pay out salaries to employees.
- The Italian Space Agency launched the PRISMA (Hyperspectral Precursor of the Application Mission) to provide information about environmental monitoring, resources management, pollution, and crop health. The Earth-observation Satellite was put into orbit on board the European Vega rocket.
- The Election Commission has launched a new mobile application called ‘PWD’ to make voting easier and accessible for over two lakhs divyang voters across Maharashtra. The app would facilitate the voters with special facilities including wheelchairs, ramps, and transport from home at polling booths during the Lok Sabha elections.
- Italy on March 23, 2019, signed a “non-binding” protocol with China to take part in the nation’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), which aims to link China with Europe. With the move, Italy has become the first G-7 country to sign up for the massive project, which is seen as a new Silk Road that will have trade links stretching from Asia to Europe. In doing so, Italy has sparked unease in the United States and its European Allies, who have previously expressed concern over China’s growing global influence.
- Oman on March 24, 2019, signed an agreement with the United States, allowing American ships and warplanes to take advantage of its ports and airports. The framework agreement is aimed at bolstering Oman-US military relations. It was signed between the defense ministries of both the nations.
25th March 2019 Current Affairs in PDF: Download
25th March 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|