1. Indian economist Abhas Jha has been appointed by the World Bank to a key position on climate change and disaster management in the South Asia region. The announcement was made by the World Bank on May 22, 2020.
2. The Andhra Pradesh High Court has ordered the seizure of the LG Polymers plant in Visakhapatnam and barred entry of all into the plant except the committees appointed by the state government. The court has also asked the company’s directors not to leave the country without the court’s permission.
3. The Uttar Pradesh Government announced on May 24, 2020 that it will be setting up a Migration Commission for the welfare of migrants. The Migrant Commission will map details of migrants to identify their skills and provide required training to ensure job and social security.
4. The Supreme Court on May 25, 2020 allowed the national carrier Air India to operate its scheduled flights with the middle seats filled for the next ten days. The SC allowed this exception while observing that the government should be more worried about the health of its citizens rather than the health of commercial airlines.
5. Mohit Gupta, CEO of Zomato’s food delivery business, has been elevated as the company’s co-founder. Mohit Gupta has reportedly played an instrumental role in strengthening the company over the last two years.
6. Canara Bank, one of the largest public sector banks owned by the Indian government, has announced credit support for all its borrowers, who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The bank will provide quick and hassle-free loans to all its borrowers to help them overcome temporary liquidity mismatches.
7. Pulitzer winning Indian-American physician, Siddhartha Mukherjee has been appointed as a member of New York’s commission that will focus on jumpstarting the state’s economy, which has been badly hit by the coronavirus pandemic. Another Indian-origin higher education leader, Satish Tripathi has also been named as a member of the commission by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo.
8. Pulitzer winning Indian-American physician, Siddhartha Mukherjee has been appointed as a member of New York’s commission that has been set up to help revive the state’s economy. Mukherjee had won the Pulitzer Prize in 2011 for his book ‘The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer.’
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|