- Twenty-Two Indian women boxers including MC Mary Kom have assured medals by entering the Semi-Finals of India Open International Boxing tournament. Ace boxer Mary Kom had an easy win against Nepal’s Mala Rai in the Quarter Final last night. She will face compatriot Nikhat Zareen in the much anticipated Semi-Final in the 51 kg category. Assam girls Jamuna Boro, Ankushita Boro, and Pwilao Basumatary have also entered the Semi-Finals. Another crowd favorite L Sarita Devi also defeated her opponent in the 60 kg category and stormed into the Semi-Final.
- The NITI Aayog has drawn up a plan for creating an institutional framework for artificial intelligence (AI) in the country. It has circulated a cabinet note to provide Rs 7,500 crore in funding for the creation of a cloud computing platform called AIRAWAT and research institutes.
- UN Environment India and Wildlife Crime Control Bureau of India launched an awareness campaign ‘Not all animals migrate by choice’ to be displayed at major airports across the country ahead of the International Day of Biological Diversity.
- Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison will form a majority Conservative government after his “miraculous” election victory over the center-left Labor Party. A party needs 76 seats for a simple majority in the 151-member House of Representatives, the lower house of Parliament.
- In Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskiy took oath as the country’s new President. Zelenskiy, in his first address as President, pledged to protect the sovereignty and independence of Ukraine. Zelenskiy and his young team have presented themselves as a break with the Soviet-style strongman leaders and their accompanying cults of personality that are common in the region, from Belarus and Russia to the republics of Central Asia.
- Reliance Industries has toppled state-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) to become the country’s biggest company by revenue. The Mukesh Ambani-led conglomerate, in the 2018-19 fiscal year that ended March 31, reported a turnover of Rs 6.23 lakh crore.
- State Bank of India (SBI) has announced a strategic partnership with the FMCG arm of The Art of Living — Sri Tattva. Under this partnership, YONO users can avail a discount of 15 percent on the entire range of products offered by Sri Tattva such as food, personal care, healthcare, homecare, BYOGI apparels, and Shankara skincare products.
- Just a week after breaking his own record for the most number of summits on Mt Everest, Kami Rita Sherpa yet again climbed the world’s highest mountain.
- Pakistan announced career diplomat Mueenul Haq as its new High Commissioner to India. Haq was appointed after Sohail Mehmood left the High Commissioner’s post to join as foreign secretary.
- Indian peacekeeper Jitender Kumar will be honored this year with a prestigious UN medal for courage and sacrifice in the line of duty.
- Every year May 21 is observed as Anti-Terrorism day in India to wean away from the youth from terrorism and showing as to how it is prejudicial to the national interest,
- Pehal charitable Trust (PCT), a charity run by an Indian in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), has entered the Guinness Book of World Records for “Longest Line of Hunger Relief Package” in Abu Dhabi during the holy month of Ramzan.
- Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline meeting was held on May 19, 2019, in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. The Indian delegation was led by Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Petroleum, Nadeem Babar.
- The 2019 Lok Sabha elections clocked a record turnout of 67.11%, beating the previous turnout of 65.95% notched up in 2014. This election also recorded a narrow gap of 0.4% between male and female voters. Female voters even overtook male voters in a few states and union territories. The seven-phase election began on April 11 and concluded on May 19.
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs plans to introduce an Artificial Intelligence (AI) system in the MCA21 portal. The introduction seeks to make the compliance process easier as well as ensure routine enforcement activities are done on autopilot basis. It will be introduced when Ministry will roll out Version 3 of the MCA 21.
26th May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
26th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|