1. The Switzerland authorities on Thursday froze four bank accounts of beleaguered businessman Nirav Modi and his sister Purvi Modi, on Enforcement Directorate’s request. Their total deposits of Rs. 283.16 crore have been frozen on the request of the Enforcement Directorate (ED).
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi met Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe ahead of the two-day G20 Summit slated to take place in Osaka. He will be meeting several world leaders, including US President Donald Trump. He will also hold a trilateral meeting on the sidelines of the summit with Russian and Chinese Presidents Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping, respectively.
3. Senior IPS officer Samant Kumar Goel was appointed as the Director of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), external intelligence of India. His appointment was approved by Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) for a fixed tenure of two years.
4. The Bombay High Court upheld the Maratha reservation. However, the court said that 16 percent reservation is not justifiable. It recommended that the reservation should be 12-13 percent, as per the suggestion of the Maharashtra State Backward Class Commission.
5. The Micro-, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSME) Day is observed every year on June 27th to spread awareness and augment actions to support small businesses across the world.
6. India will celebrate the National Statistics Day 2019 on June 29 to create public awareness about the importance of statistics in socio-economic planning and policy formulation.
7. Indian Armed Forces commemorate the 20 years of Kargil War. Kargil War was an armed conflict between India and Pakistan that took place between May and July 1999 in the Kargil district of Kashmir and elsewhere along the Line of Control (LOC).
8. A tortoise considered beautiful enough to be named ‘impressed’ has been discovered in Arunachal Pradesh. A team of herpetologists from the Forest Department and two NGOs — Help Earth and Turtle Survival Alliance (TSA) — found the Impressed Tortoise (Manouria impressa) in Yazali area of the Lower Subansiri district a few days ago.
9. Singer Blythe Pepino has established an organization Birth Strike in response to fears of ‘climate breakdown and civilization collapse’. More than 300 women have pledged not to have children due to climate change and to participate in the Birth Strike campaign.
10. Nagaland has the highest unemployment rate among the states at 21.4%, and Meghalaya the lowest at 1.5%, figures tabled by the government in Parliament during the current session show. The Periodic Labour Force Survey for 2017-18, other aspects of which have been reported earlier, shows huge variations among the states. Besides Nagaland, states with high unemployment are Goa and Manipur.
27th June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
27th June 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|