1. The latest notification by the Government of India revealed that the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for quarter 2 shows a growth rate of 4.5 percent.
2. India is largest country of origin of international migrants, with 17.5 million living abroad, followed by Mexico (11.8 million) and China (10.7 million).
3. Bangladesh had the largest number of stateless persons (around 906,000). It was followed by Côte d’Ivoire (692,000) and Myanmar (620,000). The total number of stateless persons globally in 2018 was 3.9 million.
4. Canada was the largest refugee resettlement country, resettling more refugees than the United States in 2018. Syria and Turkey were the origin nations of the largest number of refugees globally with 6.7 million and 3.7 million refugees respectively.
5. A French-Swiss film directed by Blaise Harrison, ‘Particles’ won the Golden Peacock Award at the 50th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa. The award carried a trophy, citation and a cash prize worth Rs 40 lakh.
6. Lijo Jose Pellissery, Director of Jallikattu has won the ‘Best Director Award’ at IFFI 2019. The award carries a Silver Peacock trophy, a citation and a cash prize worth Rs 15 lakh.
7. India has announced a $400 million line of credit to Sri Lanka to help the nation in strengthening its economy. PM Modi made the announcement while delivering a joint statement with visiting Sri Lankan President, Gotabaya Rajapaksa on November 29, 2019.
8. The Lok Sabha on November 28, 2019 passed the bill to regularise property of residents living in unauthorized colonies in Delhi by securing the rights of ownership.
9. The ICFT –UNESCO Gandhi Medal went to Italian film ‘Rwanda’, which has been directed by Riccardo Salvetti.
10. Nationalist Congress Party MLA Dilip Walse Patil has been appointed as the pro-tem speaker of the state assembly. He will be presiding over the special session of the Maharashtra assembly called on November 29, 2019.